get in touch
THE SECOND ARAB CAPITAL MARKETS CONFERENCE
“ENHANCING TRANSPARENCY AND FINANCIAL INNOVATION”
27-28 March 2019
Dr. Obaid Al Zaabi
Chief Executive Officer of the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA), Dr. Obaid Saif Hamad Al Zaabi has over 25 years of work experience in financial legislation, accounting, banking, finance and investment, and shari'ah-compliant finance from many leading financial institutions in the United Arab Emirates, such as the U.A.E. Central Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank, Amlak Finance, and the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA).
- PhD in Finance and Banking from the UK-based Durham University, 2006.
- MBA with distinction, 2000.
- BSc in Business Administration and Accounting, 1989.
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer for Issuance and Legal Affairs at the Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA), 2014-2015.
- Advisor of Research and Studies, Awareness Program Section Head, and SCA’s Dubai Office Manager, 2008-2013.
- Senior Manager for International Business at Amlak Finance, 2007.
- Head of Follow Up and Supervision at the Dubai Islamic Bank, 2005- 2007.
- Branch Manager at the Dubai Islamic Bank, 1998-2005.
- Branch Manager at Emirates Transport.
- Senior Financial Officer at the U.A.E. Ministry of Defence, 1990-1997.
- Internal Auditor at the U.A.E. Central Bank, 1990-1998.
Securities and Commodities Authority (SCA)